Villa Hortensia is the first legacy estate of this caliber to come to market in more than two decades. Finished in 1906, famed architect Howard Van Doren Shaw collaborated with legendary landscape architect Jens Jensen to ensure the Edwin Swift's new lake home would settle confidently and quietly into this massive wooded site. Distinctly mediterranean in style, the striking Spanish tile roof set against a stucco exterior marked a timeless and significant landmark on Snake Road. The 20 acre site has a staggering 502' of level lakefront, with 2 piers and privacy from the shore path. The thrill of winding down Snake Road to the understated yet impressive entry of Villa Hortensia is as memorable as any approach on this lake. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to secure a legacy estate.
- County WALWORTH
- Total SqFt. 12,396
- Total Garage Spaces 6.0
- Directions Highway 50 to Snake Road. Pier 61.
- Total Taxes $123,234
- Tax Year 2020
- Exterior Stucco/Slate
- Basement Finished, Full, Partially Finished, Poured Concrete, Walk Out/Outer Door
- Interior Features Separate Quarters, Pantry, Walk-in closet(s), Wood or Sim.Wood Floors
- Appliances Dishwasher, Dryer, Range/Oven, Range, Refrigerator, Washer
- Heating/Cooling Central Air, Forced Air, Multiple Units
- Heat Fuel Natural Gas
- Estimated Age Range 21+ Years
- Estimated SqFt Range 5001 or more
- Kitchen Dimensions 22' x 35'
- Kitchen Level Main
- Living Room Dimensions 22' x 40'
- Living Room Level Main
- Dining Room DImensions 21' x 23'
- Dining Room Level Main
- Family Room Dimensions 20' x 24'
- Family Room Level Main
- Den Office Dimensions 24' x 16'
- Den Office Level Main
- Bath Descriptions Stubbed For Bathroom on Lower, Tub Only, Ceramic Tile, Master Bedroom Bath, Shower Stall
- Master Bedroom Level Upper
- Master Bedroom Dimensions 24' x 24'
- 2 24' x 26'
- 2 Upper
- 3 11' x 14'
- 3 Upper
- 4 16' x 24'
- 4 Upper
- 5 20' x 24'
- 5 Upper
- Other Room Dimensions 14' x 24'
- Other Room Level Main
- Lot Description Wooded
- Garage Description Opener Included, Detached
- Exterior Features Inground Pool, Patio, Sprinkler System
- Water Features Waterfrontage on Lot, Boat House, Boat Ramp/Lift, Boat Slip, Creek, Lake, Pier, Over 300 feet, View of Water
- Body of Water Geneva
- Water Waste Well, Private Septic System
- Outbuildings Guest House
- Elementary School Traver
- High School Badger
- School District Linn J4